Collector Club re-launch put back to 1st december

Guest Chrissaf

My membership expired in Jan2017.......they still owe me £20 towards the purchase of a Club Exclusive model........some hopes........ 😢..........HB

If I were you with one HB, I would contact Hornby ask for the loco and if they can't supply it you, they shoukd give you your £20.00 back.

GNR-Gordon-4

If I remember correctly, you’ve missed something down the back there HB.  I seem to remember it being well reported that a £15 use on anything voucher was substituted for £20 club model voucher on request when the Club models had run out?

So you get less. Previously club had six magazines a year, now you get only four! Also, they are still flogging you off with made up 0-4-0's which I hoped would end. At least they are giving you them now though, instead of asking you to spend more money to get it.

The Hornby Collector magazine was introduced in Oct/Nov 1997 with Issue One. It then seemed to vary in copies per year, from five and then six, and sometime ago back to four. They then introduced, additionally, the Collector Plus in 2005 with Issue One. I have The Collector from Issue 1 to Issue 106 and the Collector Plus from Issue 1 to Issue 16. I then changed my subscription and had it delivered by email. They take up room!!

There were also always a number of loco's only available to Club members - not the 0-4-0's, they were always given as part of your annual membership. The Collector Magazine always had half a dozen loco's listed for sale, that were only available to Club members. As I've said before I bought Batle of Britain Class "Manston" a couple of years ago from the Club. It has never been available as part of the normal Hornby range.

...but on a serious note, Hornby have missed a trick here with the post-Christmas market.  All those children with a new Hornby train set, Christmas money to spend, still interested in their new hobby.  For them, the chance to add another loco, and be part of the Hornby Club is probably quite exciting and enticing, but we all know how interest can wane.  What a shame.

...but on a serious note, Hornby have missed a trick here with the post-Christmas market.  All those children with a new Hornby train set, Christmas money to spend, still interested in their new hobby. 

Not just children; they've missed out on the whole "gift a subscription" market this year too which conceivably is applicable across all age brackets.

Just the think the whole thing is dead but they can't be bothered to arrange the funeral! If they had something in the pipeline you would think they would be putting out a few enthusiastic sounding 'sorry for the delay but it will be worth waiting for' type messages!

Archived