Help in setting up !

musicman stingray

I am about to start building my layout again after moving house 6 years ago. Everything has been boxed and stored with TLC however, i want to move onto and, have the daunting task of going digital !! So far I have the PC software and the DCC Elite (christmas

pressy). I am not sure where to start, I am in negotiations with my local shop to get decoders fitted to the locos and then what ?? I would like to operate points and possibly other application digitally but not sure what else i need to buy. also can decoders

be fitted to any loco?
I wish there was a course i could go that would provide me with all the answers.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

Alan

Alan, I do not know where you are in the country but there is a company in Worcestershire that runs a number of relevant courses, especially a one day Hornby course built around the Elite and Railmaser software. I have the details but I am not sure if

the forum rules allow me to posst details of the course here. John

As the course is specifically a Hornby Day and deals with all aspects of the Elite and Railmaster perhaps one of our moderators will tell me whether or not details of the course can be posted here. It can only benefit our forum members and help us to get

the maximum benefit from our Hornby products.

John
johnrobb@eircom.net

Archived