DCC conversion of 0-4-0 Class 0F

Guest Chrissaf

I have just completed converting the above loco and I am trying to correct the direction of travel. When CV29 is set to 6 the direction is reversed but does change direction. When I change CV29 to 7 the loco reverses when reverse is selected and reverses when foward is selected. 

Dave, corrected your title spelling to make it easier to forum search the title in the future (there is no " t " in conversion). I noticed that you spelt 'conversion' with a " t " in other posts I have corrected too. Hence why I am bringing it to your attention on this occasion.

If you have to write 7 to CV29 to get the loco to travel in the correct direction, then the motor wires are reversed. The 7 in CV29 is derived from enabling Bit 0 in CV29. Bit 0 is the 'Reversal' control bit. See this online calculator for the background info.

http://www.2mm.org.uk/articles/cv29%20calculator.htm

Thanks for the spelling lesson.  Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. When I changed CV29 to 7 the loco would only go in reverse when either forward or reverse was selected. 

I have taken Rob's suggestion and swapped the connections which has solved the problem. 

Archived