Railmaster elink and ini

Hi I have had a couple of coms issues and with the suggestions on this site I have just updated my ini file and I’m going to try my layout tomorrow anyway when I was going through my ini file I was wondering if you could also delete all the entries that you wouldn’t necessarly use like the tipper and turntable etc or would that make railmaster crash as most of the ini entries are not on my layout as it’s n gauge and most of the file is for 00 gauge and Hornby accessories 

I would be very interested if I could do this or if anyone who has tried it and has had major problems with doing so

thanks very much again Hedley 

There are two posts on this forum somewhere, where the forum member had a .INI file with only a few entries in it. About six if I recall. They had issues which were resolved by generating a completely new .INI file with all the missing entries re-instated. Personally, I would leave them all in.

As Fishy says above, in theory deleting unused entries shouldn't, in an ideal world, make any difference. But the experience of the two posters I mentioned seems to indicate otherwise. The order of entries also seems to have an effect as well, again it shouldn't, but the experience of others shows it can have an effect.

Archived