RM version 1.67 now available

Guest Chrissaf

I have installed 1.67 and it does seem to have fixed the problem of the throttle slider control reacting to the mouse movements even after the mouse is moved away. NB if I move the mouse off the slider with the left mouse button still held down it continues to move the slider until the mouse button is released, but I think this is standard Windows behaviour.

Regards, John

Hello John - Happy New Year,

In this post were you referring to the large throttle or the small throttle? I have just noticed that, with 1.67, the slider in the small throttle window doesn't seem to work at all. The Shunt Cruise and Stop buttons work ok. But the slider, although the speed bar and the speed numbers change, the actual speed of the loco doesn't change at all. It is every loco too, not just the odd one or two. I'm surprised no one else has noticed this - or maybe it's just my pc....

Ray

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Ray, happy new year to you too.

I've just tried my system again, with both small and large throttles, and dragging the slider does alter the loco speed correctly. Can you see the green square flashing to the right of the program drop-down as you drag the slider, indicating that DCC commands are being sent?

Regards, John

I think I've found the problem - if you don't have 'send real time speed data' enabled on the system settings screen, it doesn't seem to send a command even when you release the mouse button after dragging the slider (the green square doesn't flash). With the option enabled, it sends multiple speed commands as you drag the slider. Is this a new bug in 1.67? I haven't tried with the real time option off before.

Regards, John

Another bug - if I turn off the 'send real time speed data' option in the system settings this takes effect immediately, but when I turn it on again I have to shut down RM and restart it for it to take effect - so if making the change as in my previous post doesn't appear to make any difference, try restarting RM!

Regards, John

John, thanks for that. I don't think I've ever had that option set, but I'll check it tomorrow. By the way, it's not just dragging the throttle that doesn't work. It's also when you click above and below the slider, it used to adjust the speed up or down by 10mph, but that doesn't work either.

Fishy, maybe not the latest - mine was an "automatic" RM-initiated download. I'll try the link tomorrow.

Thanks to you both.

Ray

Ray, the auto-update version of RM 1.67 was released on the 23rd. There have subsequently been several changes to the download file (bug fixes) since that initial release. There was a revised file later on the same day (23rd), plus further revisions to the file on 25th, 27th & 28th. Therefore, your installed version will depend upon what day you actually allowed RM to update itself, if it was after the 28th then it should be the latest.

Ray, I've just checked the clicking above and below the slider for 10mph steps (which is a nice feature that I hadn't previously noticed) and this also stops working if I turn the real time data off.

I'll report the bugs to HRMS.

Regards, John

Hello again John,

I've just downloaded and installed the latest version using the Forum link, but the bug is still there as described. I have always had the real time data switched off, because I do most of my operations using RM programs. Thank you for reporting the bugs. Most of the faults I report seem to end up in a black hole. There are one or two which I reported 3 or 4 years ago which are still present  ☹️

Ray

Archived