Loading cars and drivers into the original RMS

roger_harding

Hi,

I entered the slot car "world" back in 1963 when I spent my first week's wages on a Scalextric set.  It has had numerous incarnations over the years with the arrival of my children and grandchildren.  In one of the icarnations many years ago I bought the original RMS.

I am trying to set it up for my latest grandchild but cannot remember how to add new cars and drivers.

Any help would be much appreciated please.

Happy New Year,

Roger

It's a long time (ten years?) since I last used RMS, but I seem to remember that you needed to set up new cars and drivers in 'My Garage' (or was it 'Pitlane'?) and then import them in to the race set-up. A selection of pre-installed Scalextric cars were available or you could set up your own with text and a picture. Same with drivers.

If you wanted to upgrade to the current Scalextric kit, ARC One is pretty much a refreshed RMS and I think it compares very well. ARC Air is even more impressive. https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/sets/app-race-control-arc.html

Have fun!

Hi Woodcote,

Many thanks for replying.  I have all the pre-loaded Scalextric cars plus several others that I hace loaded over the years myself.  I cannot remember how I did it and tried most things over the last couple of weeks without success, hence my post on here.

I will check that I have tried your suggestion and let you know how I get on.

I don't think I want to upgrade to any of the newer RMS's just yet.  I'll see if my 3yr 9m grandson retains his interest before investing.

Wishing you a Happy New Year,

Roger

Archived