Track Fixing

dylan_thomas

Merry Christma, all!

At the age of 41, I have just received my first Scalextric set in the form of the BTCC Touring Car Battle set and due to limited space, I plan on fitting the track to an MDF board arrangement so it can be stored vertically against the wall when not in use.

My question is; what is the best way to fix the track to the board without making my own holes in the sections? I remember my Father’s Hornby set having intermittent holes in the sleepers to take a panel pin and hoped something similar would be possible here.

Thanks

Dylan

That's a great Christmas present!

Using a board for the track is definitely a good idea and it keeps it all off the floor - the source of dirt, fluff and hair that seem to get everywhere in the cars...

However, with a small track, I'm not sure I'd aim to fix the track pieces to the board - at least, not yet. It will take no more than 5-10 minutes to get everything out of the box, set up and running. With that flexibility, you can make the most of the four different track layouts available with the set and, perhaps add extra track, buildings, scenery and one of the ARC powerbases.

Archived