Sound CVs on a Zimo in RM

Guest Chrissaf

Have you downloaded the latest version of RM from the link at the top of the RM forum page aas.

The latest version supports CV numbers up to 1024 so you should be able to access CV266 after you install RM rev 1.67.

Rob

Aas,

I have never owned a Zimo decoder, but I can read. I read the Zimo manual to answer this same question for another member. You can see the two way dialogue we had here on this previous thread. The procedure for configuring CV266 was clearly written in the Zimo manual.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/zimo-cv-266/

Do note however, that the Zimo documented procedure for changing CV266 did not work for the other forum member. And as Rob stated above, the latest version of RM should be able to configure CV266 natively. To date, I have never had a need to configure a CV above 255 so I have no personal experience to draw upon to advise further.

hi chris         how  or what cv alters the sound on a zimo sound decoder i had fitted to a bachmann 08 shunter  useing a hornby e-link railmaster i was told cv266 by digitrains who fitted it my cv do not go to 266 on my elink any ideas please kind regards aas

hi   chris /raf96         sorry for being a bit dim on this i will have to download the zimo instructions  i did not get any from digitrains when they fitted the decoder  when i rang them they said they could not help me on how to get cv266 on my e-link railmaster  it was like they were saying get a better system were you can access more cvs  i am happy with the system i have and if its in the instructions they  did not send me i will not use them again                     kind regards     aas

For reference, all the decoder manufacturers (well all that I have searched for at least) provide downloadable instruction manuals on their web sites. These documents can for some decoders, run into a couple of hundred pages. Thus it is not normal for decoder manufacturers / installers to provide a paper copy of these, they expect their customers to get the documentation themselves on-line.

So I wouldn't black-list the installer just for not downloading and printing out a copy of the Zimo manual to pass on to you. If you are going to complain to anyone, it should be to Zimo for not providing a printed paper copy of the manual to your installer when he bought the decoder from them, to pass on to you. Your decision regarding what installer to use for decoder installation should be based IMO on the quality of the actual physical work they do installing it.

I'm not aware of any decoder brand that provide a full version printed manual with their decoders (it keeps costs down), the end user is expected to download them online.

However, that said, I would have expected DigiTrains to know the ins & outs of the Zimo decoder they were installing. This also means that I would have expected them to know that there were instructions in the manual that they could have advised you of, regarding how to use pseudo CV programming to access CV266.

But as said before by myself and Rob before me, you should be able to access CV266 natively in the current version of RM, if you can't, then contact HRMS to discuss with them how to do it.

Once you find out how to access CV266 natively in RM, please report back the details here for the benefit of others.

support@rail-master.com

Archived