Upgrade to arc pro or digital

Hairos

I've recently got back into scalextric and currently have a basic large ish track setup in my garage.

Im thinking of adding arc pro or digital. I like the idea of more than 2 cars on the track.

Im thinking of getting a 4 car powerbase. Would that be my best option or do I save for the arc pro? 

Any advice would be great

thanks

Dan

With Digital you would also need to add chips to your cars to run them. The four car powerbase is very basic and only allows digital cars to run, also there is no race management with it. The Advanced Power Base (C7042) will run up to 6 cars and has a analogue mode to run unchipped cars in two dedicated lanes with no lane changing the Race Management on it can be enhanced by connecting it to a computer. The ARC pro also has an Analogue mode to run unchipped cars the same way. The major benefit of ARC Pro is the wireless controllers and the race management software that runs on an App using a compatible smart device.

The advantage of the four car base is that you can pick it up secondhand really cheap to see if you like digital. The other parts of it like the controllers can be used with the C7042 if you later upgrade to that.

Personally I would think that providing you have a compatible smart device, go for ARC Pro.

Check the following

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/arc-app-device-compatibility/?p=1

https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/sets/app-race-control-arc.html

Scroll through the information on that last link to see what ARC Pro offers - Ignore ARC One and ARC Air as they are analogue.

Hi Dan

I had the 6 car power base which was good and have just updated to Arc Pro, which we really like and  if it was available a couple of years ago I would have opted for it instead of the 6 car power base.

it depends on how much you have to spend and the condition of your track, in my experience the better the track, fewer and good connections with help with whatever digital you decide.

you can get on eBay good priced used 4 car and 6 car power bases and the new prices are not bad either.

Arc pro with two wireless hand controllers £125 approx you can get Arc Pro with 4 wireless controllers £199 approx the problem is Scalextric do not have wireless controllers until next May £20 approx so to run 4 cars you need to get Arc Pro with 4 controllers or buy they at double price from dealers.

if you can afford £199 then I would go for the 4 controller Arc Pro it's easy to use with lots of options and durung and after race information.

I am not sure everyone would share my opinion, as it depends on their own experiences 

hope it helps

philsie 

Hi Dan

only get straight lane change overs not the corner ones the corner ones need modification to work with digital and further mods to work with Arc Pro.

if you have or plan to use curve crossovers C8203 then you must have two in your layout

Philsie 

I have ordered 2 extra ARC PRO controllers from the states at £41.00 the pair including delivery.

Should be here in the next 2 weeks - tracking currently says;

PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY

Dec-28-17, 09:57 AM, JAMAICA, NY 11430

I hope they just let them through because if HMRC pick up on them you will end up paying a couple of things on top, VAT and a handling charge to collect the VAT. The Threshold is £18 below that they don't bother.

Archived