Elink gone dopey

Geoff 333

I recently purchased a loco with a Loksound V3 sound decoder pre fitted, I was told whats sounds were available from what funtion numbers etc. I re-numbered the loco as usual different from the standard ID of number 3 as usual but nothing worked. I read the CV values and managed to see that the ID did not change, I got the loco working but the sounds were not as expected. I also found that the Decoder info said it was a Loksound V4, strange. When converting another loco from non-sound to sound having purchased a TTS castle class decoder, Elink reported that the decoder is a Saphire decoder not a sound decoder. Elink did not recognise the TCS T1 decoder that was originally fitted. Although both locos do work the CV settings do not seem to be correct and also does not report on the CV settings that are relavent to that decoder. Can anyone shed any light on this problem? Thanks

Elink - Railmaster Pro - Toshiba laptop running windows 10

Hornby Clun Castle with Loksound V3 decoder (New) - Reproted as V4 decoder

Hornby Cadbury Castle (old) with TTS Castle class decoder. - Reported as Saphire decoder

Cheers fishmanoz , I will try it, although I recently de-registered my other laptop and changed to this one with a touch screen and installed from the cd I had. The first time I ran it, it installed the updated version. I will check version numbers first but will still have a go.

Archived