Direction control after DCCing Smokey Joe

twiff

Using Railmaster / ILink

I added an R8249 to SmokeyJoe. When I tested it, forwards was backwards and vice versa. No probs say I, not surprised that my sausage fingers messed up somewhere, this can be cured by reversing the meaning of forward/reverse in the CVs somewhere. Found it was CV29 - default value is 6. Changed it to 7 as per my understanding of the CVs. It now goes backwards, whatever the controlller says to do.

Any help most appreciated please - especially if it can be fixed without opening SJ again and resoldering.

Thanks guys/gals

CV29 at 7 should have done what you wanted, not sure why it hasn't. Looks like you may have to 'bite the bullet' and reverse the motor wires.

Don’t need to worry about what you may or may not have done to the CVs but I suggest you write 8 to CV8 to reset the decoder to default (you will have to reprogram the address from the default 03, which default address will also be the clue that the write operation worked).  Now, having swapped the motor wires, the loco should run correctly forward and reverse.  If it doesn’t, I would suspect a faulty 8249.

Archived