Setting a route including a Train-Tech ground signal with a program

TonyO

I appreciate the topic of Train-Tech signals (which work well in the flesh) has been covered in quite a few forum threads but as I have been unable to find an answer to my particular problem so far, I thought I'd start a new topic. On my layout I set routes via programs, each of which sets signals to danger, sets the appropriate point(s) and clears the appropriate signal. The program is run via a button placed next to the starting signal for the route (the icon for the button is generally a zeo unless routing into a platform number). So far so good.

Now when I add a Train-Tech shunting signal (in my layout signal G12 numbered 347) as in the image I have a problem. The signal appears OK in the layout and when I click on it, it swaps between yellow and red, as it should. The problem arises when, in the program (see image) I attempt to set the signal the signal to red, set point then set the signal to caution. Each command swaps the signal so if it starts red it ends up red! The other signals (Train-Tech two-aspect each defined as Hornby R8247) work fine.

Any ideas?/media/tinymce_upload/c76e861b2bbfdccc7568eeb6960a7cd8.jpg /media/tinymce_upload/0b6067720542561bd65206f6eb4adfea.jpg

Hello Tony,

I have just had an initial try to reproduce your problem using a TT 2-aspect instead of a ground signal, but I couldn't reproduce it. If you had stated that your other signals were configured as Traintech and were working fine, but the new ground signal was configured as a Hornby R8247, then I may have understood, because this reflects an existing ongoing problem.

I have just reconfigured my signal to R8247. If I set the signal to red initially using the icon on the track plan, then run the program by clicking the button, the actual signal changes to clear on the stop command, then red on the clear command. The icon for the signal doesn't change at all - it remains on red throughout. If I set the signal to clear using the icon, then run the program, it stays on green during the stop command and changes to red on the clear command. The icon on the plan stays on green throughout.

Are you using the very latest version of the software 1.67 downloaded using the link on the Forum?

Do you actually have a Traintech ground signal? I ordered one at the weekend only to be told they won't be available until February.

Would you also let us know whether the signal's icon changes on your track plan when you run the program.

Ray

Hello again Tony,

One more thought...

How did you set the address of the signal in "learn" mode. Did you click the signal icon on the layout plan? If so, there is a 50/50 chance of configuring it with a sort of reverse polarity.

The HRMS-recommended way is from with the Layout Designer window. Right-click the signal to open up its configuration window, switch the actual signal into learn mode, then you need to click one of the test buttons shown in the configuration window. I can't remember off the top of my head which one it is, red or green, but if you choose the wrong one, you will be shown a display message telling you to use the other one. This isn't mentioned in the RM manual, but I think it has been mentioned on the Forum in the past.

Ray

Thanks for your two helpful comments Ray, which I will answer properly in a few days. In the meantime, no I haven't the real signal yet. It's on my diagram to let the train driver know that the route has been set and that he can go.

Tony

Archived