Running programs using voice control

TonyO

The voice control does have a 'Set route [name of route]' command in it, but this is not routes via a program. If you are using voice commands already, then I assume that you have already seen this 'routes' command listed in the manual. So I assume you have seen this feature in the manual and discounted its use for some unknown reason. I can appreciate that configuring the routes might be easier to create and manage using a 'program'.

As you have pointed out, neither can I see any 'Program' command in the RM manual in the voice control section, where you can call for a 'program' to run. Maybe HRMS never foresaw a situation where there would be a need for such a voice command.....why not add this as a request to the 'Desirable features in RM' thread for HRMS to give consideration to.

To use the voice 'routes' command, you would need to configure your routes through the RM manual documented method. I've not configured a 'route' myself , so I can't give you a 'step by step' tutorial, but look in the RM section on creating a track layout plan [Page 77 to 98]. Routes feature as part of the signal and point configuration dialogue boxes. Just to confuse one further, in the RM manual a 'Route' is described (documented) as a 'Group' in the track design section of the manual. Basically you assign the signals and points into a 'Group' name. Each signal or point can be members of more than one 'Group'. Then when you select one of the configured 'Group names' on the track plan screen, all the points and signals in that 'Group' switch to their defined conditions. As I understand it [and I might be wrong], this is basically what you are already doing using RM Programs....see also page 107 where you can link a 'Group (Route)' to a 'Programmable' button on the RM screen.

It is a lot more extra work for you to configure the 'Groups' in addition to your 'Programs', but it would appear to give you a 'workaround' solution to your issue and allow you to set different 'routes' using voice.

Archived