Hornby Railmaster problem

Hi guys and gals,

I have installed the Railmaster software on my computer and so far, with a bit of help, the trains are running etc.

My problem is the information boxes about the trains etc are blacked out.  The information is in the boxes and when I click on them the writing appears but it does seem to be set at black writing in a black box.  All the videos I have seen show a white box.

Any suggestions?

Post a screen shot using the 'Black & White' hill icon tool so that we can see what you can see. Images need to be .JPG or .PNG preferably less than 2MB and will not appear after posting until Monday as they will be held back for Admin to authorise during normal UK office hours.

What version of Windows are you using?

You wrote:

and so far, with a bit of help, the trains are running

To me, this indicates that you could benefit from ensuring that your RM configuration settings are 100% correct, as you would appear to have had some problems getting it working (other than your reported black box issue of course).

So in the meantime whilst waiting for any images you post to appear, review the two sticky "Help" posts at the top of the RailMaster sub-forum. One of them will lead to an 'off site' RM help site. I would not be surprised if apart from your display issue that you could also benefit from reviewing your 'railmaster.ini' file entries and comparing them to the suggested settings documented in the sticky posts. Getting these entries right solves a lot of future problems that newbie users don't even know they have yet. If you are using Windows 7 to 10 and have an eLink then ensure that these two entries are in your 'railmaster.ini' file. The .INI file editor can be opened by clicking the bluish COG icon in the bottom left of the RM 'Help' Window. Make these two entries (below) the last two lines in the file (if they exist further up the file, delete them and retype them again, as shown below' at the bottom of the file). Save your changes (if any made), close and re-open RM. If you have an Elite with RM rather than an eLink, then make Check controller=0.

Alternative comms=1

Check controller=1

But your documented issue is a new one on me and I have never come across it before, sounds like it might be a Windows setting rather than something with RM.

One thing you could also try in the meantime, just in case your RM installation was corrupted in some way. Do not uninstall your current RM installation, but download the RM installer from the link at the top of the RailMaster forum section (it is labelled as 1.67). Right click the downloaded file and choose 'Run as administrator' and let it install RM over the top of your current installation, then check for your issue again. Doing this won't affect any custom settings that you might have already implemented.

You could also try some of the different RM colour schemes included in the product. You can select the scheme in the 'Loco Detection Tab' in the 'System Settings' window in RM. Worth a try, but I don't think the colour scheme is the root cause of your problem, but changing it and then back again, may correct something that might be corrupt in the RM settings.

Archived