problem with tts decoder

rays trains

Firstly I am sorry for all the post's on here and thank you for all of the help to rectify this problem, after carrying out the lastest surgestions with no luck I removed the motor to trace the wiring back to the socket for the decoder to plug in, it came to light that a wire to the motor should have been on the pick up, on changing this round everything worked, Happy Day's

Once again sorry for the hassel and THANK YOU

one more question which cv is it to adjust the volume on class 47 and A4 Mallard, there is nothing on the print out's

Thank you for the update, it is really useful to find out the root cause of the issue when it is finally found. This is not the first time that mis wiring in the Hornby factory has been the problem. Yet another instance of poor quality control.

one more question which cv is it to adjust the volume on class 47 and A4 Mallard, there is nothing on the print out's

The volume CVs are printed on the documentation included with factory fitted TTS locos. The Class 47 is a Diesel, whilst the A4 is a Steamer. The master volume CVs are different for each loco type.

Diesel Master Volume = CV182

Extract from Class 47 TTS sheet.

/media/tinymce_upload/dda61dfcc632b74af8a6ec1c6b42b759.jpg

A4 Steamer Master Volume = CV178

Extract from A4 mallard TTS Sheet.

/media/tinymce_upload/b1cb0bac08bb76cfdbcdb1f197d2a3f2.jpg

Thank you very much for your expert advise on the above [problems] next time' if at all' the wiring will be the first thing to check.

Happy Day's

and for your information decoder R 8103 is not in the list, and yes I have the latest version 1-67 in railmaster

Looks like there packing department are not putting everything in as I have not got these list's, or they have been removed at the dealers,

I think you have misunderstood my post......I wrote:

The volume CVs are printed on the documentation included with factory fitted TTS locos.

As I stated in my reply. The extracts I posted are from the appropriate TTS LOCO data-sheets, NOT the after market self-fit R8103 TTS (Class 47) & R8107TTS (Class A4) decoder information sheets.

In your previous post you indicated that you had the R3393TTS Class 47 loco and the R3287TTS Class 47 loco. It was these loco data-sheets I was referring to, because that is what I thought your latest enquiry was relating to.

They both use the R8103 TTS decoder. The second sound volume table was an extract from the Hornby R3395TTS A4 Mallard Loco datasheet, NOT the R8107 A4 TTS decoder datasheet.

PS - There are quite a few TTS decoders missing from the loco database in RM. So many in-fact, it is easier to state which ones are present:

R8101TTS

R8104TTS

R8107TTS

R8108TTS

R8109TTS

I daresay, the missing others will be added in due course.

Archived