Hornby Controllers not accepting Decoder

Jimbo1707820979

Having just bought a pre-owned Hornby Class 73 Diesel DCC-fitted, I reprogrammed the address on a separate track using my Select. No problem, worked first time. But as to running, the loco would not respond either to the Select or to the Elite.

So I read the maker's ID for the decoder on a programming track using the Elite. It was "151" Bachmann-Lok Sound.

The seller has offered to change the chip to a Hornby one but before going through the nuisance of sending it back is there anything I can do to remedy things. (I don't want to open up the loco and haven't got a spare chip anyway). Would be grateful for advise.

Use the Elite not the Select. Then write 8 to CV8 to perform a factory reset. Then, again still using the Elite, readress the decoder to the address you want then test again.

In general, if you have an Elite, I would advise against doing any configuration activities using the Select.

Hello Chris.  No joy at all, I'm afraid.  I tried very carefully several times but not a peep out of it, using the Elite.

So off to the Post Office ... er.. when the wind and rain stop. Thankyou for your help anyway. There were 2 leaflets in the box, a Bachmann and a Gaugemaster, so I don't know what the story is. ☹️

Hello Chris.  No joy at all, I'm afraid.  I tried very carefully several times but not a peep out of it, using the Elite.

So off to the Post Office ... er.. when the wind and rain stop. Thankyou for your help anyway. There were 2 leaflets in the box, a Bachmann and a Gaugemaster, so I don't know what the story is. ☹️

If its any consolation, its hoying it down and windy in Lancashire too!

Archived