DCC Decoder

Embassyman

I have just fitted a R8249 decoder into a R3054 Diesel Electric "THUNDERER" locomotive unfortunatly the lights wont work now allthough they did before the chip was fitted i.e in DC mode. I believe I have fitted it the right way round i.e pin1 to socket

1 (orange wire), even if I place it the other way round they still dont work. Can someone help please?
thanks

Depending on the controller you are using, it is also possible that the Directional Lights (White and Yellow leads - F0) are not lighting because the speed has been

set to 14 steps (with the decoder on 28/128 in CV29), or vice versa - but the latter usually makes the lights go on and off as the speed changes.

[reply]Phil_Spiegel. said:

Depending on the controller you are using, it is also possible that the Directional Lights (White and Yellow leads - F0) are not lighting because the speed has been set to 14 steps (with the decoder on 28/128 in CV29),

or vice versa - but the latter usually makes the lights go on and off as the speed changes.[Hi Phil you lost me with this one think I was born to soon and got into DCC to late, but read something about speed steps in the guide will have a look, thanks]

Archived