Decoder not in database

I purchased Loco R3394TTS 2 WEEKS AGO AND WHEN READING CV MESSAGE CAME UP  'DECODER NOT IN DATABASE'

I HAD TO CONTACT RAILMASTER WHICH I DID AFTER WAITING FOR A REPLY FROM HORNBY. I WAS IN CONTACT WITH THEM ALL LAST WEEK BUT THE SITUATION STILL ISN'T RESOLVED. I HAVE A LOCO AND I DON'T KNOW IF IT WORKS OR NOT. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT I CAN WRITE IN CV TO GET IT WORKING.

I ALSO FIND IT RIDICULOUS TO PURCHASE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T READY TO USE.

Hi there,

Are you sure you have downloaded the latest version (1.68) of the software? There is a link for the download at the top of this section of the Forum. If I were you, I would try that again, even if you think you have the latest version, because they often make changes without updating the version number.

I've just re-downloaded and installed 1.68, and there is an entry in the Locos dat file for R3394T.

Ray

Ian, please humour me by going to the link at the top of the forum and download and install the very latest version of RM, even if you did that 10 minutes ago.  HRMS may have just added your loco.

Now search for your loco under its R number plus the T.  Is it there, set it up in your roster If so.  Still saying decoder not found?  Well follow the instructions to read the CVs and is your TTS decoder listed under decoder type for CV7?  If not, right click and select a TTS diesel decoder from the list that appears. Once you’ve done that it should correctly populate your sound functions for you. 

And just a word of advice on getting good service from HRMS on RM matters.  Don’t ring HCC, they are separate to HRMS.  Email HRMS preferably from within the email facility in the RM Help screen.  If you have happened to ring HCC, the only person who knows anything about RM is Manager Mark Lodge. 

And no need to shout at us here, we read lower case just as easily as capitals. 

Ian, the loco being in the Hornby database is just a convenience. It doesn't stop you from using your TTS loco with RailMaster. All it requires is for the information to be manually entered. Think about it logically, what about all the users who have NON Hornby locos like Bachmann for example. No non Hornby loco is in the Hornby database and it doesn't stop any of those users (myself included) from using RailMaster to control their non Hornby fleet.

This previous post provides a 'step by step' for a previous TTS loco that was not in the database (although it may be now). Use it as a guide as this post related to a steamer and not a diesel.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/r3459tts-decoder-not-recognized/?p=1/

The previous comment about clicking CV7 will (as far as I am aware) only populate the CV list for a TTS decoder. It doesn't populate the 'Function' list.

And as other's have said. It doesn't help to 'shout' at us (all capitals on a forum is considered shouting). I appreciate, that it is probably just out of frustration. But as my reply above shows. The lack of a Hornby database entry is just an inconvenience and not a 'show stopper'.

And as Ray above has indicated, the R3394T (TTS) would appear to be in the very latest RM version, downloadable from the forum link.

EDIT: Another option you can try is searching the Hornby database for R8118TTS, this is the Class 20 TTS decoder used in the R3394TTS loco. If this decoder is listed in the database, selecting it will also populate the 'Function' list.

Hi Chrissaf

I wasn't shouting . I started typing small and must have hit caps accidentally.When I finished it was in capitals but I sent it anyway as I didn't know this was considered shouting. I have just downloaded rm 1.68 again and still get message The loco decoder chip can not be found in decoders database. 

I have now got it working. I am  pretty new to all this and thought that when I got the message decoder not in database that it wouldnt work and I would have to wait for database to be uploaded.

Thanks for all your help.

Ian

I've hit the 'Caps Lock' key more times than hot dinners. It isn't helped by being directly above the left 'shift' key. Good to hear it is now working, but out of curiosity what solution did you use:

The enter it manually one

or

The use the R8118TTS code one.

or

Something else entirely...if so what.

Although coming back and providing an update is highly appreciated (not everyone does). It is also useful to know what the final solution was, to help others later when they are searching this forum for a solution.

If you can imagine someone with the same issue and the same loco finding this thread, reading right through it and not actually being told what the solution was.

As an analogy, it is like reading a 'Murder / Mystery' novel, to find the last page revealing the murderer identity has been torn out.

UPDATE:

Ian,

The R3394TTS is in the database of my copy of RailMaster 1.68

But, if you type the FULL R3394TTS  stock code into the search box you won't find it. You will find it however if you just enter R3394T without the last two (TS) letters. This fits in with what Ray reported in an earlier reply.

Archived