Reading CVs with eLink

Guest Chrissaf

Hi All.

I have an e-link running version 1.07 and railmaster, running latest firmware on Windows 10.

My problem is that when I connect Programming track to E-link I get error message that DCC controller is in active or it cannot read the chip, it operates  locos with no problem.

Reg 

It might be that the eLink has gone faulty on the programming circuit side of the unit. Unfortunately, unlike the track output, there are no realistic conditions like specific voltages for example that you can test for with a meter to prove a fault. The PROG output is pretty much an open circuit under normal conditions.

There have been quite a high number of faulty eLink units that have come to light via posts on this forum. Many of which have been reported back in the forum as repaired 'free of charge' by Hornby. I would suggest that your best plan of action would be to discuss your issue with Hornby Customer Services and see what they say.

Another option you could try, is to reload the eLink 1.07 firmware. Reloading the firmware might cure the problem if it is just a glitch. But be cautious, there is always a possibility if there is an underlying hardware fault that attempting to reload the firmware may brick the eLink completely.

Look for the eLink 1.07 updater file in your 'Program Files (x86)RailMaster' folder. You need to run the eLink firmware updater file 'as administrator'. Right click the file and choose the 'Run as administrator' option. The eLink needs to be connected and powered up. I would suggest that it is probably best not to have RM running at the same time. These instructions are based upon reading previous posts on the forum, I do not have an eLink to draw personal experience from.

Archived