car is always on without use of handcontroller

sorano74

Hi , I have a problem with my scalextric set powerd with the c8217 power base . Car both move without using the controller, when I press the trottle all the way down they stop and the red light on the power base dimms . Also cars move from left to right  . Anyone had the same problem?

thanks for help

@sorano74 - Has the power base worked okay in the past? Or is it a new set that has had this problem since you got it? Does it happen on both lanes with both controllers?

I had this problem once when a controller wire was shorting across the resistor - giving me full power when I should have had none. However, it would be very strange if this was happening in both controllers.

@sorano74 - there is definitely a short-circuit somewhere in the powerbase (or possibly in both controllers) that is by-passing the controller resistors. It may be possible to fix it, but will probably need an experienced eye - do you have a slot car club near you where someone could take a look at the powerbase and the controllers?

Otherwise, I think your best solution is to buy a new powerbase. Alternatively to return the set to the seller if you bought it recently and the transaction was covered by some form of consumer protection.

Archived