R3504TTS & R3509TTS missing from RM database

Guest Chrissaf

SFB,

It is not unusual for HRMS (Hornby RailMaster Support) to lag behind updating the Hornby RailMaster (RM) database when new locos (particularly TTS ones) are released.

When a situation arises where the loco is not yet in the database, it does not stop you manually entering the loco into RM with basic information as a temporary measure so that you can run the loco whilst waiting for the database to be updated at a later date.

But first. Double check that your locos have not been added yet by NOT adding the final TS to the search string. In other words the R3504TTS may be listed as R3504T and R3509TTS may be listed as R3509T.

PS - I have just fired up my copy of RM 168 revision 0 and can not find these two locos listed either.

How to add a TTS loco manually into the database is described in this previous post (see link further below). The loco in this post is not one of your particular locos, but it serves good enough as a guide of the actions required. The only thing that the database version adds, that the manual configuration doesn't add is 'scale speed profiling'.

So basically if you just occasionally (over the next few months) do a 'look up' in the database for your specific locos appearing in it, then when you find that the locos have been added, use the database loco to replace your manually configured one. That way all the 'scale speed profiling' should then be added into the configuration.

Also report your missing locos to HRMS using the inbuilt support request feature built into RM (look in the 'Help' screen). This will also prove that your AV is not blocking your Internet communication (a commonly reported RM issue), if you get an auto acknowledgement that your message has been sent successfully.

If your RM PC is connected to the Internet and communication is not being blocked by your AV (see comment above), then sometimes the Hornby database is updated silently in the background when RM starts up. Otherwise monitor the RM section of this forum for posts that advise that a new RM version is available on the forum download link (I monitor for new versions on a daily basis and raise a post when I find a new version is available). The last RM update was 21st Feb, so one should, in theory, be due soon.

If you think about it logically, RM supports any DCC loco, not just Hornby ones. None of the other loco brands such as for example Bachmann are in the Hornby database. The lack of a database entry does not stop those locos from being added and controlled by RM. The Hornby database is just a luxury to save a lot of manual data entry.

Anyway see this previous post that describes how to manually add a loco:

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/r3459tts-decoder-not-recognized-23469/

Hi I am new to Railmaster and have just purchased two new locos R3504TTS and R3509TTS  that do not appear, can anyone tell me how I get them added to the loco list so I can run them?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SFB

I had exactly the same issue witn my R3540TTS as far back as the beginning of April this year, contacted Hornby via the Railmaster programme, I was informed that an update would be forthcoming in a couple of weeks....? still no update, surely it can`t be that much of a technical issue to put the details on their Railmaster programme with in a couple of days. I have ended up programming all my Hornby Loco`s onto my Bachmanns Dynamis system. These Hornby loco`s are not cheap neither is Railmaster, I`d expect them to work out of the box on their own equipment , shame on Hornby.

New RM version 1.69 has been released this evening (about 7-8 PM on 5th June 2018). The release notes state new profiled locos have been added.

I suggest you re-start RM to auto-update or if the auto-update does not kick in, download the new version from the link at the top of the RM sub-forum (ignore the link saying version 1.68, this text has not been updated yet). Just install over the top of the previous version DO NOT uninstall the previous version first.

Then search for your missing locos again.

Archived