Restock Hornby Class 466s

SouthWesternRailway

In the 2000s Hornby released its 466 in NSE, Connex and Southeastern liveries and I am interested in 466s, as well as 465s and probably 365s for other people out there. Hornby requires to restock these as some modellers are more interested in modern (eras 9, 10, 11) contexts. But this is my suggestion, so it may or may not be produced.

• 1 month later...

We used a real 465 to travel from Herne Hill to Beckenham Junction yesterday morning, and then back from there to Blackfriars in the evening.  I love the sound they make, it is like they are changing gear as they pull away. They don't quite have the same ambience as the old 4EPBs they replaced in the 1990s but they have certainly become an integral part of the railways of London and South East.

It would be nice to see the 466  back in Hornby's range, and perhaps extended to a full 4 car 465 too. The new Southeastern dark blue livery suits them quite well but I have to admit I preferred them in Network South East white with coloured stripes (toothpaste livery) .

Archived