New class GWR 800 not listed in RailMaster (eLink)

Guest Chrissaf

hi guys

just wondering has anyone been able to setup the new class 800 on an ellink as its not listed in the loco lis tor at least i cant find it

could it be because its to new and hornby have not listed it what could i set it up as any thoughts 

trains now on hold in my sideings waiting to run lol

Bit like buses, nothing for a while then three come along together. This is the third time in a couple of weeks where members have queried missing locos in the Hornby database.

There is nothing to stop you adding the loco manually. Using the Hornby database is primarily a time saver. Apart from saving time, the only other advantage that using the Hornby database gives, is that the locos in the database have been profiled by HRMS for true 'scale speed', but that isn't a 'show stopper'.

Given the number of times these type of questions come up I dismay at the number of forum members who seem to think that if the loco can't be found in the Hornby database, then they can't operate it. That concept is a fallacy.

Think about it logically, there is nothing in RailMaster that prevents anyone from adding non Hornby (such as Bachmann, Dapol, Heljan etc) locos to it. None of these will be in the Hornby database either.

This previous post will link you to other posts where instructions for manually adding a loco can be found.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/cannot-find-r3539-in-railmaster-loco-list/?p=1

Or short cut the one above and go direct to this one instead. Note that the references to TTS locos in this thread doesn't matter, that just means that with a TTS loco (unlike your GWR Class 800) there is more to manually set up because of the 'sound' functions. The same principles documented in these posts apply just as much to a non sound loco.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/r3504tts-r3509tts-missing-from-rm-database/?p=1

All you need to add ANY loco to RailMaster is an image of the loco (and to be honest that is optional) and the Data-sheet that came with the loco stating what Functions are available, for example F0 for directional lights etc.

Armed with that basic information (plus the DCC address you want to allocate to the loco) then it is a five minute task to manually add the loco to RM.

contacted hornby and they will be adding it to the data base in a few day so ill wait and it runs under the base address suplied with the decoder just need to reverse the dummy car cv29 for the lights this train looks brill with full internal lighting in all the coaches just needs Passengers in the seats now 

New RM version 1.69 has been released this evening (about 7-8 PM on 5th June 2018). The release notes state new profiled locos have been added.

I suggest you re-start RM to auto-update or if the auto-update does not kick in, download the new version from the link at the top of the RM sub-forum (ignore the link saying version 1.68, this text has not been updated yet). Just install over the top of the previous version DO NOT uninstall the previous version first.

Then search for your missing locos again.

Archived