72 yr old new to model railway

FIREFLY49

I'm a 72 yr old newbe. I've bought the Elite control, track, points and 4 Points & Accessory Controllers, since buying, I want to build a control panel using LED's & toggle switches to control points. Have I wasted my money with the Points Accessory Decoders  or can they still be used? If so how do I go about it? Any help would be appreciated. Firefly.

Hi

Unfortunately you can not use the Hornby accessory decoder R8247 with panel switches! It is designed solely for use with DCC data.  There are some accessory decoders manufactured that do allow additional toggle switch operation and/or DCC operation and also provide take off connections for indication LEDs.  Search for ADS-2sx or ADS-8sx.  note the 'S' which indicates these are for use with solenoid point motors such as the Hornby R8014 or R8243.

Welcome to the forum. I am also a relative new person, but everyone on the forum has made me feel very welcome and been full of inspiring comments and excellent advice. It seems overwhelming at first and the only bit of advice i can give is to read as much as you can before spending any money. These guys are so helpful, they will help others in not making the same expensive mistakes. Good luck!

Archived