controlling point with signals that has a direction indicator

Please can someone kind person tell me how I can control points when using a 2 aspect sognal with direction  indicator.

the system is very simply, a two aspect signal (red-green) the has a directionr indicator to signal route change

so the posible options would be red light

green light no route indicastor

green light with route indicator

the points motor is connected to port one

the red/green is conected to port 2

the signal is connected to port 3 (common and plus used)

I can get the right image on the track plan using the train-tech signals picture, but it gives bo indication on how to program the railmaster system

many thanks

Stephen

the points motor is connected to port one

the red/green is conected to port 2

the signal is connected to port 3 (common and plus used)

You will need RailMaster ProPack to do what you want to do. Is your RailMaster currently the 'Standard' edition, or has it been updated (online within the RailMaster application) to the ProPack edition. To the best of my recollection the ProPack upgrade is performed via the RailMaster 'Help / About' screen. See pages 6 & 7 of the RailMaster user guide manual.

Can you confirm what brand / model of Accessory Decoder you are using, as that may affect the answer that is given?

I see in one of your other posts, that you have 3D printed your own signal hardware to your own design. Assuming LEDs and not bulbs, can you confirm that they have been built as 'common positive' signals?

Can you confirm that ports 2 & 3 have been configured as 'Always on' and not 'pulse' output?

If using the Hornby R8247 Decoder can we assume it is wired like this? (if so, what are the DCC port addresses you are using please?):

/media/tinymce_upload/b9a5c2e1d8f85308c17cf10ad14413f5.jpg

One for forum member Ray to answer me thinks.......once all the additional information requested is posted.

Hello again Stephen,

The picture below will, hopefully, give you the information you need to automate your points and signal. First of all, let me point out that it is a bit of a fudge in deciding which icons to use for the signals. Although there is an option in the layout designer for an icon encompassing a home signal with left route indicator, getting the route indicator to ight up on the layout diagram is difficult when operated by "Other points/signals". So in the example, I've simply used two 2-aspect home signal icons, the one to the top left representing the route indicator, and the bottom right icon representing the main signal. I've arranged it so that any of the three "addressed" icons can be clicked as follows:-

Point 1 Right will cause the route indicator to switch off and the main signal to go green.

Point 1 Left will cause the route indicator to switch on and the main signal to go green.

Signal 2 Red will cause the route indicator to switch off

Signal 2 Green will not cause any secondary actions.

Signal 3 Green will cause the route indicator to switch on, the point to switch left, and the main signal to go green.

Signal 3 Red will cause the route indicator to switch off, the point to switch right, and the main signal to go green.

/media/tinymce_upload/45cf1d17fe7adc46b21afce37796a9a1.png

I hope this helps

Ray

Stephen,

Subject to the Browser and device your are using i.e. PC vs Tablet vs iPad etc. Then if you 'Right Click' Ray's image you should (hopefully) get a 'View Image' option. In Firefox for example, this opens the image in a new tab and allows zooming in to see the detail.

Thanks Ray, for taking the time to model Stephen's solution in RM.

Archived