S15 Problems

arbe

Hi, just purchased a realy nice S15 that runs very well on analogue, but want to run it with sound, have fitted S15 TTS decoder and run it with my select controller, all is well for a while but after stopping the loco to change direction of run the loco is dead, I have to wait for a few minutes before it will run again, anyone got any ideas.

regards, Ron.

Welcome to the forums Ron.  So just to clarify, you are running the loco via Select and:

-  Are sounds and everything working?

-  You return the throttle to zero, change the direction but the loco is dead when you throttle up again?

-  After a few minutes it runs again, either forward or reverse then dead again, or still only forward?

Stopping for a while then working again sounds like an overload protection shutdown. That scenario is more likely if something is binding the gear train in the reverse direction to cause the overload, hence my questions. 

Hi Fishmanoz,

many thanks for your reply, I will check for any binding etc’, yes to all your questions, the answer to the last part of your questions is that the loco will not run at all until after the momentary shut down, many thanks again, will let you know.

regards Ron.

many thanks Fishmanoz,

I could not find any problems with the running gear or anything that would slow the loco down.thanks Rog (RJ) I have tried resetting my select too, still had the problem, I read the instructions again and realised that I had been a bit heavy on insulating my decoder by puting too much insulating tape around it, so I changed it for sellotape as recommended by HORNBY, and hey- presto, it works fine now, a lesson learnt, To insulate the decoder, but it must be able to dissipate the heat, (it don’t Like getting hot.)

Many thanks for your help.

Regards...Ron.

Archived