Throttle settings, speed steps, acceleration and decoder CVs

Guest Chrissaf

Unfortunately, I don't use scale speeds. I have it switched off in the Railmaster settings, so I can't comment on your findings. If you think that the RM software is not performing as suggested in the manual, then you should report this as a fault through the Railmaster system.

Incidentally, do you have "Use scale speeds" switched on? Are the locomotives you use known to Railmaster or have you calibrated them yourself using a stopwatch, as described in the manual on pages 36-37 ?

Ray

Unfortunately, I don't use scale speeds. I have it switched off in the Railmaster settings, so I can't comment on your findings. If you think that the RM software is not performing as suggested in the manual, then you should report this as a fault through the Railmaster system.

Incidentally, do you have "Use scale speeds" switched on? Are the locomotives you use known to Railmaster or have you calibrated them yourself using a stopwatch, as described in the manual on pages 36-37 ?

Hi Ray,

I will try with scale speeds unchecked and i will report the DCC sniffer output.

I use "scale speed on" also because is one of the RM attractives for kids playng with layout.

Kids are also interested in planning routes and movements of locomotives, so it becomes frustrating for them to have to convert kmh to mph or speed steps.

Hope HRMS reads my reports to improve kids playbility of the software.

Would be nice that what I choose in RM settings becomes standard for programming, ie. Kmh, Mph, Scale speeds.

OT

I also found it little tricky to use the separate control pop-up for the locomotives, despite the greater accuracy of the speed slider, often at the release of the mouse the speed stops at a different level (reported on the other hand exactly in the general columns of the loco) than the choosen one.

Hi all

I made this program following your instructions about "Accelerate forward x to y" command. Following my DCC sniffer reports about Mph to be used as speed values.

/media/tinymce_upload/8370600cfa992d8f4955546e3960fe8c.jpg

And finally got this result: <a href:"https://youtu.be/pv38eCXPS9M">TRAIN PROGRAM TEST</a>

Would be very nice if RM staff will implement Kmh or Mph or SpeedSteps selection in "Forward to" and "Accelerate/Decelerate" commands.

@Pietrarsa

That video looked good to me.

If you think that "Kmh or Mph or SpeedSteps selection in "Forward to" and "Accelerate/Decelerate" commands" would be beneficial, why not add a post about this, to the thread entitled "Desirable Features".

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/desirable-features-for-future-railmaster-software-updates/?p=1

Ray

Archived