Software

daveyg

Hi there, 

im looking for some software to run on my laptop for lat times and stuff.

I remember on 2001 i had bought a track and it came with a disc for installing on your pc but i lost it.

Is there something i can download now to use on my track?

Dave

Hi Dave - welcome to the forum.

Back in 2001 it was probably Scalextric RMS. That was for traditional Scalextric layouts with one car running on one lane - what we call ‘analogue’. RMS can still be found on eBay for less than it cost originally. If you still have the lap counter track with the cable to link to the PC, then that could be used via a serial/USB converter and any one of a number of lap timing programmes. Ultimate Racer is well thought of, works with the RMS hardware and does everything the old RMS software did (and does it much better). Here’s the link: http://www.uracerweb.org/index.html

If you want to stay analogue but don’t have the original RMS set, then I’d recommend ARC One and ARC Air. These are the latest Scalextric products which have tyre and fuel simulations as well as basic laptiming. ARC Air also has more complex features and great wireless controllers. ARC stands for App Race Control, so the software runs as an app on a smart device. There’s more here: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/shop/sets/app-race-control-arc.html

If you are looking for something for a digital layout (this is in the digital section of the forum), then the ARC app also controls the digital ARC Pro system. There is also an unofficial ‘Magic ARC App’ available. The older Scalextric Digital Advanced Powerbase has many years of development with software available via a special dongle and PC-based software. The two programmes I know the best are RCS64 and SSDC - they are both brilliant.

Hopefully that gives you something to look at. If not, let us know more about what you’re after.

Archived