Hornby points decoder

Steveblakie

Hi can anyone help ? I have a horby points decoder , I can get port 1 to work but when I connect a points motor up to port 2 ( or any other ) nothing works !! I tried setting it up in my newly acquired railmaster last night and noticed one programmed port 1 settings are in dark black whilst 2,3,4 ports are greyed out ! Any ideas ? Regards steve

...and noticed one programmed port 1 settings are in dark black whilst 2,3,4 ports are greyed out!

If you mean this screen as below, then that is normal. The reason ports 2 to 4 are greyed out is because they get their addresses from whatever you input into port 1. So you don't need to access the greyed ports yourself directly. You'll notice that they are shown greyed (normal) in this image too.

/media/tinymce_upload/72294d427bc80cde24c482ce87025c82.jpg

You are more than likely not doing something correctly. But since we don't know what you have done so far in any detail, we can't tell you what you have done wrong.

This previous post below, provides a full documented tutorial on how to set up and use the R8247 in RailMaster with screen shots to follow (fourth post down on the page):

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/programming-accessory-decoders/?p=1/

TIP: If you intend to write a reply, it would be appreciated if you didn't use the 'White Arrow in Blue Box' button. This is not a 'Reply to this post button. It is best to write any reply you want to make in the 'Reply Text Box' at the very bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

Particularly as my reply includes an image. If you use the blue button, any reply you write may be held back for image approval. Even though it is already a previously published image.

Archived