Using 2 tracks together

Rob T

Hi Guys,

I have to micro scalextric sets that i wish to use together as one track. can i use the power track from one set as a normal piece of track or should i be using both powered up or leave one out alltogether?  Im new to this and would like some advice.

Thanks.

Hi Rob - welcome to the forum!

With a Micro Scalextric track, you can join the two sets no problem. Some people might decide to leave out the second power track, others might choose to include the power track as a normal straight piece - with no power pack or controllers plugged in. Either option is fine, in my opinion.

Another option that I would suggest is to use both power tracks to power each track individually. This prevents the common ‘power surge’ when one car crashes. You should be quite careful how you do this. Place both power tracks the same way round in the layout - sockets facing you - and plug in a power supply to each. On the left-hand unit, plug in a controller to the left-hand controller socket and cover the right-hand socket with gaffer tape (or similar tape) - that prevents the socket being used by mistake. Then, on the right-hand power track, cover the left-hand socket with tape and plug a controller into the right-hand socket. Check everything is okay by placing a car on each lane and making sure each of the two controllers only drives one car.

That third option gives you probably the best upgrade for a Micro Scalextric layout. There are other tips on this thread: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/tips-for-getting-the-most-out-of-micro-scalextric/?p=1

I hope that helps & have fun with your Micro sets!

Something to watch out for when combining two sets of sport track in a couple analog sets. I purchased the Super Karts set and the Stock Car Racers set. Each set's respective power track runs the cars a different direction. I assume the stock car set is such that the cars always turn left... So if you attempt to use both power tracks hooked up, one should have the connecting section facing away from you. My observation anyway. Haven't tried it yet but will soon.

Hi Rob - welcome to the forum!

With a Micro Scalextric track, you can join the two sets no problem. Some people might decide to leave out the second power track, others might choose to include the power track as a normal straight piece - with no power pack or controllers plugged in. Either option is fine, in my opinion.

Another option that I would suggest is to use both power tracks to power each track individually. This prevents the common ‘power surge’ when one car crashes. You should be quite careful how you do this. Place both power tracks the same way round in the layout - sockets facing you - and plug in a power supply to each. On the left-hand unit, plug in a controller to the left-hand controller socket and cover the right-hand socket with gaffer tape (or similar tape) - that prevents the socket being used by mistake. Then, on the right-hand power track, cover the left-hand socket with tape and plug a controller into the right-hand socket. Check everything is okay by placing a car on each lane and making sure each of the two controllers only drives one car.

That third option gives you probably the best upgrade for a Micro Scalextric layout. There are other tips on this thread: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/tips-for-getting-the-most-out-of-micro-scalextric/?p=1

I hope that helps & have fun with your Micro sets!

Hi Woodcote. thanks for the information. very helpful.  im getting my young boy interested in the micro sets so we can then move up to the full size sets. thanks for your advice.

Something to watch out for when combining two sets of sport track in a couple analog sets. I purchased the Super Karts set and the Stock Car Racers set. Each set's respective power track runs the cars a different direction. I assume the stock car set is such that the cars always turn left... So if you attempt to use both power tracks hooked up, one should have the connecting section facing away from you. My observation anyway. Haven't tried it yet but will soon.

Thnkas Dennis H for your reply. i will look out for that. 

Archived