Track designer software help needed

Slot_car_phil

Hi. New here so I apologise if this is the wrong place.

I downloaded the scalextric track designer software last night. I'm struggling with finding out certain dimensions. So I have added the block lines but what is each square worth in CM or Inches. I have measured out the space I have but not sure how to have that as a space within the software.

Thanks for any help

• 2 weeks later...

Track Designer was released on Windows XP and is glitchy on Vista and above. Indeed, it wasn't that great on XP...  It hasn't been available from the Scalextric website for ages and neither is it supported by Scalextric, so is missing the more recent digital (and some analogue) track pieces.

There are some very good track design programs out there - including free trial versions. Many like Ultimate Racer. I like AnyRail. The free version of Ultimate Racer is limited to saving tracks of 25 pieces - the unlimited Layout Editor version is a very reasonable 15 Euros. The free trial version on AnyRail is limited to 50 track pieces. The advantage of both is that they have ongoing support, with up-to-date track libraries. There is also RailModeller for Macs - the Express version is free and limited to 50 track pieces.

I hope that helps.

Archived