Track compatibility advice for a newbie

marccharris

Hi guys. I have the ultimate rivals set currently, but looking to expand.

Someone has offered me his locally. But just wanted to double check the compatibility.

Any advice appreciciated.

Thanks!

/media/tinymce_upload/686f1aec96d29c665fa3f2e39f1ed898.jpg

/media/tinymce_upload/79f21f554574befa24d2313ae5fb8de9.jpg

Hi marccharris - welcome to the forum!

Wow, that’s quite an expansion pack :-) And yes, it’s Sport track so is compatible with your ARC One Ultimate Rivals set.

The only things that aren’t directly compatible are the power bases, transformers and controllers - these are the older analogue system. Either you set up a track with the ARC One powerbase, transformer and controllers or the older version. Don’t mix the two in the same layout.

Something to consider in the future... If you really like the older powerbase and controllers, but can’t do without the excellent ARC app, there is a modification to use the older powerbase for power and the ARC One powerbase for lap timing: https://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77744

I hope that helps.

Thanks very much for the help woodcote. I took the plunge and got the track.

Cost me fifty quid, but seems like as you say will be quite a nice expansion to the set and other little bits I've got.

I got a family member to pick it up for me as wasn't local to me so was bit of a risk. But they've laid it all out for me and is the below.

I don't really use the app too much as race with my five and two year old daughter. So will mainly be using the track.

Thanks again! Marc.

/media/tinymce_upload/32a23d3960c21cbf041c0cac4b8b0b1f.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi J61 - welcome to the forum!

I’m not sure exactly what you’re looking to do with a second powerbase and why. It really depends what powerbase and Scalextric system you have now.

If you have a standard analogue system, then using one of the powerbases in the photos above is ideal. Those C8217 powerbases have the facility of using two power packs, meaning you can power each lane separately - which overcomes some of the issues of using a single low-power supply for both cars.

If you are wanting to distribute power around the track, then you adding another powerbase isn’t going to work. What you’ll need is to buy or make some power booster cables.

Let us know what powerbase you have now and what you want to do - we should be able to suggest something.

Archived