Digital 4 Car Powerbase -replacement?

harald_horn

Dear all,

I started with Scalextric in 1998 with the very old analog, converted to Sports tracks in 2012 and started with digital in 2014.

Added a pitlane in 2015 and stopped playing. Now I wanted to start again and find that my powerbase is not working anymore.

Went to get a new one and what a surprise: Seems to me that getting replacement parts seems to be difficult, and that Scalextric have somehow a very very limited offer on digital stuff.

What happened? Are there quality issues or is the trend moving from digital to analogue?

Can anybody advise where to get a new powerbase and which one I should go for?

Thanks a lot,

Harald

Hi harald - welcome to the forum!

Scalextric digital is still alive and kicking - the focus for digital since the end of 2017 has been ARC Pro. It is now the one and only digital powerbase being produced by Scalextric.  ARC Pro is an entry-level digital system with lots of features and loads of potential - most of the features are unlocked by running the ARC app on a compatible smart device: https://www.scalextric.com/uk-en/forum/arc-app-device-compatibility/

To upgrade, you'd need to buy the ARC Pro Upgrade Kit - including powerbase, two wireless controllers and power supply. It is fully compatible with the straight ('XLC') lane changers, pit lane and digital chips. It also uses the same power supply as the older power bases, so you could use yours in the second power socket.  The older curved lane changers require a 'snip' to make them compatible with ARC Pro. If you have those, let us know and links are available for the modification.

However, if you want to simply replace your non-functioning powerbase, the 4-car powerbase is still available. You can buy it new for £14.95 at Jadlam Racing Models. They also sell the original digital controllers and power supplies.

I hope that helps.

Archived