A couple of turntable questions

Ullswater

Hi there

I have the R070 turntable that I have converted to DCC using the Horby method.  All works fine except for two things:

1. The turntable rotates the opposite way to that which I expect.  Can I resolve this within Railmaster?

2. I'm using the speech recognition in Railmaster to control the turntable.  The instructions, on page 63, say this:  You can also control turntables by saying “Turntable twenty one” (or the number of your turntable) followed by “Clockwise two” to move forward two roads or “Anticlockwise four” to move anticlockwise through four roads” - but I cannot get this to work.  I can only get use the commands "Turntable Right", "Turntable Left", "Turntable Clockwise" and "Turntable Anticlockwise".  Any attempt to add "Turntable Eight" (the Loco ID of my turntable is 008) is ignored, and adding a number of roads to turn through is not understood. Does anyone else have a similar experience?

Thanks very much in advance!

No! You have to swap over the output of the decoder, not the input.

Very crudely, the input to the decoder is a/c so swapping the wires there will achieve nothing, as the decoder converts the volts to dc.

You have to change the wires over between the output of the decoder, and the motor, to get it to turn the other way!

Archived