McLaren MP4-12C leds - lights

Jeffrey Y

Hello, just bought on eBay the McLaren MP4-12C Scalextric Club C3327 no.5453 of 6500, everything fine very pleased except there are no lights.

On the case itself it indicates rear lights & Xenon effect front lights, but none are fitted & looks like its never had any...

Has anyone else experienced this model with no lights when it is indicated to have them

Many thanks, Jeffrey 

Hi Jeffrey. I don’t have that specific car in my collection, but looking around online it does seem to have front and rear lights as stated on the box - there are a couple of video reviews that show them in action. If the seller stated the car had lights or was in ‘as new’ condition, I’d ask for a refund. I can’t find anything to suggest that the car without lights is a rare (and valuable) oddity. 

Hope that helps.

Hi Jeffrey. I don’t have that specific car in my collection, but looking around online it does seem to have front and rear lights as stated on the box - there are a couple of video reviews that show them in action. If the seller stated the car had lights or was in ‘as new’ condition, I’d ask for a refund. I can’t find anything to suggest that the car without lights is a rare (and valuable) oddity. 

Hope that helps.

Hi Woodcote, many thanks for your input & info, appreciated. Jeffrey 

Archived