Class 47 TTS decoder Availability

Walter Woods

Good evening, 

ive been building my collection slowly and picked up a VI Trains 47, after seeing James Mays information about Hornby I decided to pick up some TTS sound decoders and I’ve got all my main diesels sorted apart from this 47, have Hornby stopped producing these?

Thanks!

Sold out simply means they have none in stock. Unfortunately the rest of the retail system seems to be out of stock as well.

It would as you say be good if Hornby reordered and gave an estimated delivery date for next delivery.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to buy a class 47 TTS decoder at Ally Pally last weekend.  The company was EKM Exhibitions, and their website is www.ekmexhibitions.co uk.  I paid £33.50, which was a good price, I felt.  I did enquire at the Hornby stand re this decoder, but they were unable to confirm when or if this would be re-issued.  They eecommended asking the suppliers at the show, which is how i found this company.  I also bought it for a Vitrains 47, sounds are good, but slow running very jerky, ok when at higher speed.  Hope this helps.

Rod

Rod

Try changing CV 150 to value 1 (Regime 2) from default value 0 (Regime 1).

If that doesn’t improve it to your satisfaction then you are left wth twiddling the PI values in CVs 151/152 for regime 1 or CVs 153/154 for regime 2. Unfortunately fiddling with these is a bit hit and miss unless you find someone with good values for your loco make and model.

Hi all, thank you to Rob (RAF) for your sound advice, and also to Sultan for puttin the link to the YouTube video.  I apologise for not responding sooner.  I have followed Rob’s advice, and achieved really positive results.  Shows the value of being a member of this great forum, there a a number of the members who really do point you in the right direction when advice is needed.  The loco now runs in a much improved manner, and the sound is good, although a little quiet! I will juggle with the cv for this area.  I am almost loath to do too much more to the model, every time I touch it, something falls off lol.

i hope that Walter was able to source the decoder and wish him success in fitting it.

Rod

Rod  the trick with TTS sound is to set the overall volume to a general level you want, then adjust the individual volumes if and as required to suit your needs.

You can (but not with RM and eLink though) adjust the volumes on the fly by programming their CVs on the main (POM). This allows you to run a loco round the layout and make instant volume changes to that loco as you go. Very handy.

Thank you for the praise, we try to help where we can. We can’t all know everything, but one thing you can guarantee is somebody on here will know something about the very thing you ask about. If pages of instructions are not your thing then Chris will make you a splendid drawing of it. Ask about the real railway and there are a couple of really knowledgable folk that can answer those questions. Live steam - ask Ken (gowest). A treasurehouse of information and all for free.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have it from the horses mouth that the next batch of class 47 TTS decoders are due for August 2020 after testing in June 2020.

Does this horse have no name (to badly quote an old song) or any other covert provenance.

@RAF96

To quote Manuel in Fawlty Towers  'Which horse I know nothing?' 😀

Well this horse is the Hornby Customer Services Team no less

Dear Julian 

Just to confirm, the decoders are due to be in stock August as the inspection for them is due for late June.

Many thanks & kind regards

Customer Serevice Team