BMW Mini Cooper changing guide blade

Mind the gap

Hello,

I have a couple of BMW mini coopers with lights, which have the blue guide blades, which are not triggering the ARC lap counter, which I believe can be resolved by changing the guide blade to the black type.

i understand the the blue guide blade may be secured with a screw which I sent accessed by removing the body, which I have done, however struggling to see how to get access to the screw as there seems to be a plastic mounding used to secure the light pcb in the way?

Regards, 

Mind the Gap

Hi Mind the Gap - welcome to the forum!

Yes, you're absolutely right about needing the black guides to work with any of the ARC powerbases. Those blue guides were only available for a short time back in the noughties, but they do cause compatibility issues with some digital and ARC powerbases. A black version of the guide is included in the C7005 retro-fit digital chip - but if you're using ARC One or ARC Air, that's no help. Looking at the non-DPR Mini Cooper Service Sheet, the replacement guide is W8373 / C8145 'short stem black guide blade' - it must be the black version. I have found some available for sale online, but maybe an email or call to Scalextric Customer Services (details right or below) might solve the issue.

There is no screw attachment with these older guides - they clip in and pull out.

Thank you Woodcote  for the welcome and quick reply.

I forgot to say that I already had the replacement black guides, but thankyou for confirming that this may be the issue with laps not being counted.

i originally under estimated for force required to pull the blade guide from the chassis floor, I was concerned that I was going to pull the guide mounting boss away from the base! I used a small flat blades screwdriver to hold the chassis floor back whilst pulling the guide by hand and success.

i now have 2 minis with their laps being counted by the arc one power base

Thanks again.

mind the gap

Archived