Controlling Heljan DCC Tuntable with RailMaster.

Guest Chrissaf

Hi

My five road setup.

/media/tinymce_upload/308519272b192a9d6c9dfa442b5dc3c0.jpg

Gitter, I have to go through the complicated routine of programming the tracks because the indexing magic eye is under the entry track 4, counting 1 as the furthest clockwise and moving anti clockwise to number 5.  Track 1 is programmed as 225 and number 5 as 229.

This is how it appears on my track plan.

/media/tinymce_upload/f025708be36fd23d51995ebe40f4791d.JPG

I don't remember exactly how it moved using Railmaster.  With NCE, an accessory has only the options of 1=N(ON) and 2=R(OFF).  JMRI is similar.

So with the table parked at track 1, with the shed at the entry side:

Selecting address 226 pressing key 1, the table moves anticlockwise to track 2

Selecting address 229 pressing key 1, the table moves anti clockwise to track 5

Selecting address 225 pressing key 2, the table moves clockwise back to track 1

Selecting address 227 pressing key 2, the table still moves anticlockwise to track 3

Selecting address 227 again and pressing key 1, the table turns clockwise through 180 deg back to track 3

Selecting address 227 again and pressing key 2, the table again turns clockwise through 180 deg to track 3

However, if I start on track 1, with the shed at the other end opposite the entry roads

Selecting address 226 and pressing key 1, the table moves clockwise all the way round to track 2 (170deg)

I am getting dizzy.  So what does this appear to say:

Direction of rotation depends on where the hut is.  

Turning a loco round and parking it for me, seems to be a two stage process. i.e. drive in forward onto the table, turn it through 180 deg, move the table to the stable track and reverse it off.

Unlike Railmaster, NCE does not allow one to reverse the direction of an accessory.

You are probably more confused!  I am!

Regards

Hi Papa, sorry for not getting back to you sooner, (been away for a few days ). My first thoughts on bridge positioning was that it depended on where the hut end or photocell was at , in relationship to to the command, with my t/t only having the three 3 branches,I find it hard to figure out any definate rotation pattern. I programmed mine in clockwise direction. When I programmed my #2 ) my alignment to branch track was poorly done. ( back to the quarries ) . So what I'm going to do is reprogramme branch 3 in an anti- clockwise direction , just to see if it has any effect . will not get track aligning and prog' done for a few days yet as I am snowed under with other work. Allotment, garden & grandsons' 21st birthday do today, but I will get back to you when I have something of interest to convey. I will probably get back even if I don't have anything worth reporting.  😳

Archived