Getting the best connection between track pieces

GordB

I came across this product today, electrically conductive assembly grease.

Has anyone tried this to smear on the contacts between track pieces to maximise conductivity? The basic blurb about it makes it sound like thid would be an ideal use case for it.

https://uk.rs-online.com/mobile/p/products/9185028/?grossPrice=Y&cm_mmc=UK-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-CSS_UK_EN_Facilities_Cleaning_And_Maintenance_MOB-_-Greases_And_Oils_And_Lubricants%7CGreases-_-PRODUCT_GROUP&matchtype=&pla-409590637830&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=CjwKCAjwwZrmBRA7EiwA4iMzBJz5tnSp4_4dJZj6Opt0SFLgJ-DwO7sz4cbsNwIkgzQVCRyQDBK9WRoCMqQQAvD_BwE

Absolutely agree - but I would hope this reduces the likelihood of drop outs between maintenance intervals? I have a lot of very old and somewhat corroded track I'm refurbishing ready for a semi permanent track build, so anything which minimises the likelihood of needing to disassemble sections would be good!

We think it helps! So I reckon it's definitely worth trying as one piece of the refurb plan. Another product we like is Inox MX3. A lot of digital enthusiasts use it and I find it is good with analogue track too. It helps with conductivity, but also protects the track rails from moisture and corrosion. It is made in Australia and not widely available elsewhere. However a 60ml bottle has lasted me years (there's still 1/3 left) and only a small drop on each braid of a car does the job for each lane at the start of a day's racing - drive the car round and the Inox is transferred to the track. Maybe repeat once a week at most.

Good luck and do show us pics when you have the layout up and running.

Archived