Six function button error [post by Ian_b]

Guest Chrissaf

Not sure I'm in the right section here or not. When I enter an additional loco tomy roster I get an error message telling me I have selected 6 functions but not told the controller.

As the majority of my locomotive fleet is steam and I have NO sound fitted locos I do not have any function buttons set or programmed. 

Is there any way to get rid of this message which is pointless.

Regards

Ian

Ian_b

I have moved your post here to a dedicated question thread. Much better than resurrecting an old topic from 2014.

I have a vague recollection of this issue being reported before, but I have never seen this error message personally myself.

However that said.....I believe your quoted error message is an abbreviated version of the full error message that reads:

You have specified functions which you have not set to appear on the locomotive controller. You can set up to six functions to appear. Are you sure you want to continue?

With reference to the screen extract image below. If compared to your newly added loco in your copy of RM. Do all the Function labels in the list show "Not Used" and more importantly do all the check boxes [on the right under the yellow highlight] show as blank and unchecked as per the image. Remember to scroll down to see and also check the button label entries for functions F17 to F28........see the "IMPORTANT:" note below.

If you are not using any loco functions at all for your 'steam loco' then this screen for your loco should show as per the image below.

IMPORTANT: You may find the function buttons for F26, F27 & F28 do not display "Not Used", but display a 'Blank Empty' function label text box instead. If you find this anomaly, then use the pull down box to select "Not Used" then resave your loco in the roster database and this should clear your error message. The F26 to F28 buttons have been a later addition to RM and it has been reported that they sometimes may not correctly render the 'Not Used' label for some reason. This confuses RM into thinking that functions have been configured on these 3 buttons even though they display blank.

/media/tinymce_upload/59372761426efc0fe27980f0021f0ad6.jpg

If the suggestions above do not resolve your issue, do you still get the same error message after rebooting the PC and restarting RM after the reboot?

If it was me....I would then also try deleting the loco from the roster, reboot the PC and then try entering it afresh again.

If after trying all the suggestions above, you still get this error message, then it may be a new bug in the 1.70.2 release (I assume you do have 1.70.2 installed, the one that was released on the 25th March and not an earlier version of 1.70.2 as there was more than one version of the same release). Then if you are sure you have the latest current release, then report your error via the inbuilt 'help support request' system. See the 'Help About' screen in RM. If you are unsure as to whether you have the 25th March version installed or not. Then just download the current version from the link at the top of the RM & TM forum and run the installer over the top of the installed version. HRMS will only ask you to do this anyway if they get involved, they always do.

Archived