Cobalt motor de centering using Elite

Guest Chrissaf

I have recently purchased Cobalt motors and need to deactivate the centreing on them using the elite programer

CAN ANY BODY HELP?

A full 'step by step' tutorial can be found in my post (4th one up from the bottom of the page) in this previous thread.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/using-elite-to-control-locos-and-select-for-points/?p=1/#post-270482

Note: the use of addresses in the 61 range were chosen for that particular forum member. With the Elite, you can use any valid Accessory Decoder DCC address you want in preference. Just follow my post as a guide and insert your chosen addresses at the appropriate point in the 'step by step' guide.

TIP: As this is your very first post, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

My understanding is that all new Cobalt ip Digital motors though supplied centred do not now need the self centering removing before they can be used.  Simply connect and turn slide switch to 'Set', programme as any other accessory with a unique address number and return slide switch to 'Run', Turn DCC power Off then back On and operate the motor over and back.

If it throws the opposite way to that required, move slide switch on Cobalt to Set and use address 197 to swap direction. Slide switch back to Run turn DCC power Off then back On and the motor should then run the way required. Then reprogramme address as required.

Archived