Programming problems.....with TTS

Guest Chrissaf

Hello I have the R3246 TTS Cock O the North about 3 years,I re-registered my e-link on a different laptop so had to programme my loco's again, but although the R3246 receives the CV's and holds them, I get no sound or movement you can hear the CV's being written in the tender box. Help please

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

First of all, I think you meant that you re-registered your Railmaster software, rather than your eLink, on a different laptop. Secondly, doing this should not have necessitated programming your locos again. The decoders inside the locos retain all of the CV information after power off, and are not dependent on the pc or laptop which holds the Railmaster software. However, when moving Railmaster from one pc/laptop to another, as well as installing the software on the new machine, there are some files which need to be transferred from the old to the new machine. One of these files is called RESOURCE.MDB and is where the information which you have setup concerning your locos is held. 

However, even if you have setup this file again for all of your locos, it doesn't explain why this particular loco won't run. Are you sure you set up this loco with the same DCC address as it had when originally programmed? Do you still have access to the old laptop and if so can you find the resource.mdb file in the Railmaster folder? If you can get this file onto your new computer, this may solve your problem.

Ray

Archived