Is My eLink Dead

tonycoops

My eLink was working fine, although I do sometimes get the "Cannot Comunicate" message. All of a sudden it is no longer even recognised when I plug it into the laptop, by that I mean I do not get the little "Windows tune" when I either plug something in or take it out of the laptop. I double checked with my PC, and it has the same result. The green light is on permanently, as in not flashing. Is it a case of the lights may be on, but no ones home. ?

Also, can I buy just a new eLink, or do I have to get new software as well. 

Thanks for your help

Tony

Hornby only sell the eLink module with RM software, but many retailers sell eLink modules separately. Usually these are pre-owned but because the software has been activated by the previous owner the SW cannot be passed on with the unit. One such retailer is Hattons who at the time of this post show more than 10 units in stock at £30

https://www.hattons.co.uk/198311/hornby_r8311_elink_interfaceunit/stockdetail.aspx

Thanks guys for your help. I've just spoken to Hornby and they agree it looks like my eLink is heading for the great railway layout in the sky. Also the guy agreed that a repair would be more expensive than buying one of those units from Hattons, and so the order has gone in, and I'm eagerly awaiting a delivery. Maybe tomorrow, if I'm kucky. Thanks again. 😀

Archived