What is the procedure for connecting Select Walkabout to an Elite.

Guest Chrissaf

Yes you do just plug it into the Elite, but it will ask for a controller number, just give it 1 if your Select is the only Walkabout, else next Walkabout in the chain.

Be aware you must use a Walkabout (round section) cable and not a Booster (flat section) cable or you may see interference in operation that can cause control problems.

Also be aware that as a Walkabout Select can only control locos and accessories within its allowed range - (1 to 59 and 61to 99 respectively). Elite will control any locos or accessories outwith this range.

Hi the select is it just plug and play or do you have to program it. I have just had the firmware up dated to 1.5 do I just plug into my elite

regards John

Just to add to what Rob has said.

When you plug the Select into the Elite using the correct R8266 cable (not the R8236 cable). The Select must not also have its own power supply connected to it. The Select gets its operating power from the Elite via the R8266 cable. It is this power arrangement that tells the Select that it is to use a 'Walkabout' configuration.

Archived