Where is the Railmaster app for IOS found?

You are trying to run before you can walk.

When you install RailMaster (software included with an eLink). The 'Hand Held' PDF manual will be added to your PC Desktop as a clickable 'Shortcut'. The PDF manual will describe the installation and setting up for several different Hand held types (Apple IOS included). In addition to the PDF manual, there is also documentation relating to installing 'Hand Helds' located in the RailMaster 'Help Screen', but of course RailMaster needs to be installed before you can see this screen.

It should be noted that the RM APP is not a self-contained software APP in the traditional sense. It runs within a Browser. Safari on Apple IOS and Chrome on Android. It runs as a client in a 'client / sever' relationship where RM on the PC is the server. So it is unlikely to have any function unless it can communicate with the server and the server has been licensed to recognise the H.H APP connection.

If you cannot wait to have RM installed first, you can certainly try downloading the RM APP first from http://www.my-apps.eu/ but it may not run without a paid for license (see previous paragraph). I believe that you apply for and pay for the APP license from within RM running on your PC. So again, you are stuck until such time that RM is installed and successfully licensed on your PC first. The link I have quoted above is taken from the 'Hand Held' PDF manual Page 41.

I do not use any 'Hand Held' APPs, neither do I own an iPad. So my comments in this reply are not based on actual user experience.

Do remember though, that to use the link above you would need to access it using Safari on your iPad.

TIP: As this is your very first post, just be aware that the 'Blue Button with the White Arrow' is not a 'Reply to this post' button. If you want to reply to any of the posts, scroll down and write your reply in the reply text box at the bottom of the page and click the Green 'Reply' button.

See also – further TIPs on how to get the best user experience from this forum.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/

Archived