Programming other DCC decoders with Hornby Select

DecodrTrble

AFAIK the DCC format should be compatible with all brands.
Surely Hornby doesn't use some propriety code that only works with Hornby controllers while programming.

I am trying to program the ZEN ZN8H decoder with my Select to no avail.
Yellow LED blinks 8 times, headlight goes on and off a few times on the Loco but that's it. It stays stubbornly on the default address 03.
I am using a programming track that is perfectly clean. My other locos with the R8249 program perfectly.
The loco with the ZEN decoders runs perfectly with the Select controller but I can only use 03.
I have three of these decoders that are very small so I can fit them in some of my N-scale locos where the R8249 does not.

Does anybody have a solution for this?

See my answer to your other question relating to the Select. The Select has limited programming capabilities with it being a basic Digital Set Controller. The Select can be upgraded to version 1.6 firmware......see the other post.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/decoder-issue/?p=1

The answer to your question will depend upon what firmware is currently loaded onto your Select. If it is an early version....say version 1.1 for example (current version is 1.6) then that may very well explain your difficulties. The Select firmware has been updated over time to provide better compatibility with other branded decoders.