Trouble with tts decoders

Tassie devil

Can someone help me please .

I recently bought a Hornby Tornado fitted with a tts decoder, I do like the sound of it .  run it on a small layout , the other day all of a sudden went to short break and every thing went dad . I tried to reset the decoder and was successful, only  after a short run went to a short again . I tried everything to no avail . I fitted another tts sound decoder to a Hornby " Thompson Roendeer" and I have the same problems . I run my layout with the Digitrax Zephyr express , and sometimes I run it with the Bachmann Dynamis. 😮

When you say went to a short break/went short again, do you mean there was an actual short circuit on the layout?

If so, these can lead to voltage spikes that cause decoders to reset (back to address 03) and cause more damage.  Do a forum search on 'snubber' and try fitting one, it stops the spikes.

yes was a short circuit   but never had such problems with other decoders brands . Actually I try address 3 ,but still nothing is happened  .I read in the form that some others had same sort of probems. with the same decoders

I also have a Hornby Mallard, and a flying Scotsman with TTS fitted  and not have problems with it . Thanks for your help .

There are so many issues with Hornby TTS decoders, that Hornby now offer a 'no quibble' replacement policy. Contact 'Hornby Customer Services' via the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page to discuss.