TTS decoder.

RDD

I assume it is roughly the same as a Tornedo. I think it should fit under the chimney, I tried it for size with a dummy one I have (I blew it up ages ago, so I now use it for sizing). You will need to get a small sugar cube speaker off YouChoos or some other supplier, which I think will also fit. Funny, I have just converted two of my Hornby A1 so that the electronics will fit in the tender, because I had so much agro fitting TTS into an old Britannia. You can buy all the parts to do it properly when I realised that this is one of the few locos that has a lot of room under the chimney, so I need not have bothered.

Download service sheet 380 which covers that FS A1 model.

You could replace the speaker with a sugar cube and mount it in the loco as suggested - like this Merchant Navy...

/media/tinymce_upload/f8114d9c22d81fc8548698aa8861446c.png

or extend the speaker wires to mount it in the tender on top of the tender weights - like this Mallard. The speaker is sealed in a simple cardboard tube glued to the weight.

/media/tinymce_upload/58eb4910a9419e077cde87e844f94147.JPG

Download service sheet 380 which covers that FS A1 model.

You could replace the speaker with a sugar cube and mount it in the loco as suggested - like this Merchant Navy...

/media/tinymce_upload/f8114d9c22d81fc8548698aa8861446c.png

or extend the speaker wires to mount it in the tender on top of the tender weights - like this Mallard. The speaker is sealed in a simple cardboard tube glued to the weight.

/media/tinymce_upload/58eb4910a9419e077cde87e844f94147.JPG

Thanks you for sending me your photos, great help. I will go for mounting the speaker in the tender. Will now look for some male & femail block conectors. 

Try these.

https://www.expressmodels.co.uk/catalogue/micro-connectors/2-pin-micro-connector-detail

Available in 2, 3 or 4 way versions.

PS - Please try and avoid using the 'Blue Button'. This is not a 'Reply to this post' button, and if you use it on a post containing images, your reply may be held back for image approval as it was in this case. It really isn't necessary to re-quote a post if your reply is going to be published directly below it (as on this occasion).

Please review TIPS 1, 2 & 3 in my Forum Tips Page.

https://www.hornby.com/uk-en/forum/tips-on-using-the-forum/