Valve gear nuts for Hornby A1/Tornedo

ColinB

Does anyone know the part number of the valve gear nuts that connect the coupling rods to the wheels or what they are described as. I checked in the service sheets for the Tornedo and they are not listed as a separate item. It appears you can buy them in packs of 10 if you know what type they are. I know the Rebuilt Battle of Britain ones don't fit.

I eventually found them in a service sheet, but I had to buy the con rods as well. The funny thing was Hornby were the only people to have them. When I looked again at the packs of ten, it said "waiting for supplies" which effectively means with Hornby, never. I am surprised Hornby don't do them as spare parts on their own as they do tend to undo and get lost on the layout. Surprisingly I had to order some parts off Bachmann for a couple of models (pantograph and DMU drive wheels) and they did all of them and were really helpful and I got a response within 24 hours, with Hornby it is usually at least a couple of days, usually to tell me they don't stock it anymore. 

If the pack Hornby are sending you is X6335 (coupling rods), this appears to contain only 4 screws - those necessary to secure the coupling rods to the leading and trailing driving wheels.  By your reference to valve gear, I had assumed you were seeking the screws for the centre wheels which are more prone to be lost, but which are different and are not illustrated on the service sheets for the loco.  Nor does there appear to be a 'Small Parts' pack for this loco so, if not included in pack X6335, the valve gear screws may be in valve gear pack X6333, unfortunately currently unavailable.  

GS