Glue for loco body

Grandpa1707817969

Thanks for reply Al.  It's a plastic bodied Hornby 'Evening Star'.  My father had regularly worked the loco at Cardiff Canton so I bought the model for him when he became housebound.  Unfortunately, failing eyesight and arthritic fingers caused the pin linking loco and tender to separate a bit crudely, taking the nut and part of the underside of the plastic body with it.  I did a couple of glue tests out of sight and found superglue worked.  The result seems solid and is invisible from the exterior.  Success!

Yes, I find "Super Glue" seems to work the best. I also found liquid poly doesn't work very well. The biggest issue I found is if you get some of the "Super Glue" on your fingers you have to be careful you do not touch the loco body, as you get a nice glue fingerprint. Unfortunately, "Super Glue" is brilliant at sticking fingers to anything, sometimes better than the thing you want to glue. 

This could confirm ... the obvious:

In 1942, while searching for materials to make clear plastic gun sights, Coover and his team at Eastman Kodak examined cyanoacrylates, a material that was used during both World Wars (1914-1918; 1939-1945) as an alternative to stitches on large cuts and wounds, rejecting them as too sticky.

Al.